Friday, September 16, 2005

Oh - I'm public now

I suppose the cat's out of the bag now... I'm officially resigned from Versatel Networks. Here's the letter I've sent to family and friends...

==========================================
Dear friends, family and co-workers,

It is with great regret that I've handed in my letter of resignation as CTO of Versatel Networks effective at the end of September. A recent family event has made extensive travel impossible for me, and because of this, I can no longer serve Versatel in this capacity. As I am sure you know, I make my home on Cape Cod, and never thought I would retire in Canada - but I honestly hoped my stay would be longer. Luckily for me, and with the very generous support of the Versatel executive team, I will continue my association with Versatel as a consultant for some time to come. I have personally worked with over fifty companies in VoIP in the last ten years, and all of them have taught me something. Versatel, bar none, taught me how to treat customers right. They are truly world class in this regard, and I remain a student of their excellence.

I am going back to consulting, and will probably focus on open source development and consulting, writing and teaching. As this is a fairly challenging personal time for me, I would ask for your good thoughts and wishes, because I feel like I'm going need all of them.

Thanks,
Tom

No comments: