Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Best Two Things I Saw at the VON Show

1) A hearing impaired man is setting up a VoIP network for other hearing imparied people. In this case, the "V" stands for "Video" not "Voice". I was really inspired here, because I think it is an excellent example of how our hard work will make somebody's life much better. With the global reach of broadband, and narrow-band switching technology, we now have a way to tie in this large, but not geographically dense, group of people.

2) The industrial design of the Polycom attendant phone. I am an unashamed PictureTel alumni, and seeing how slick this design was did my heart good. Design matters, and the lucky people who have this design on their desk will certainly be a little happier in their day to day lives.

No comments: