Chopi, the Thomas Howe Company designer, caught this link today of an iPhone UI simulator. Steve Jobs has announced that the API for the iPhone will be Safari (after bashing the browser as an interface just a few weeks earlier). As I wrote about earlier in the Jaduka post this morning, you can do some pretty neat things with phone/web integration, but my suspicion will be that the choice of Safari will be initially limiting.
How limiting? Well, now you can know. The iPhone UI simulator will show you exactly what you can do with the iPhone, on your OS X laptop. Funtionality includes :
- Test your iPhone-enabled Web 2.0 applications and compatible web sites.
- Open any website that works with Safari.
- Rotate to see websites in either portrait or landscape orientation
- Show or hide the location bar for a full-screen iPhone experience.
- Simulate the iPhone user agent, to test browser redirection scripts.