Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Apparently, I'm irrelevant, repetitive and nonsensical

Oh my, Google is on to me. As I logged into my blog this morning, a large red box stopped me in my tracks. Apparently, Blogger thinks that this log is a spam bog. What's a spam blog?

As with many powerful tools, blogging services can be both used and abused. The ease of creating and updating webpages with Blogger has made it particularly prone to a form of behavior known as link spamming. Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs, and can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site.


Shoot. You know you're in trouble when even a Google robot thinks that your posts are irrelevant, repetitive or nonsensical. Did I say that they were irrelevant, repetitive or nonsensical?

No comments: