Monday, July 09, 2007

Time to brag yet?

No, I don't think so, but boy do I want to.

I caught a link from mashup meister John Musser from Light Reading called Telco Web 2.0 Mashups. In it, Caroline Chappell speaks about the impact Web 2.0 technologies are having on IMS deployments in her new report. I think Caroline what has is mostly right from a technology standpoint, but misses on some critical cultural points. For instance, the mashup phenomenon has, at it's core, this idea of the perpetual beta. Without regard to how mashable the carriers make their offerings, it won't make them any more fleeter of foot. That said, I am in complete and violent agreement with Caroline, and I hope my industry has the good sense to listen to her advice.

Now, if I were to brag, I'd point my readers back to something I wrote nine months ago....

No comments: