Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Web 2.0 Show Wrap Up

Well, the show is over, but the show head-spin hasn't ended yet. Here's some of my highlights I wanted to share with you.

Finally got to meet John Musser of Programmable Web fame. John runs (in our opinion) the premier site for finding state of the art mashups and APIs. Nice guy. Pat wanted to go to Seattle for another meeting, and we will, but I think Pat just wants to get a cup of coffee.

I think I scared the FatDoor people when I claimed to know my neighbors and be involved in my community. After a blank stare, the nice lady said, "Well, you can use FatDoor too!" And I will, right after I get back from the YMCA.

Finally met Andrew Turner and Mikel Maron, fellow Web 2.0 speakers and geo-location geeks. Brady Forrest put us together for my mashup, and it was good to meet them in person. If you're looking for geo-location web applications, start with them. They rock.

I took a quick field trip to meet up with Jack Dorsey from Twitter and Narendra Rocherolle from 30 Boxes. I really appreciated the time they spent with me, and I plan to do podcasts and a profile of both companies. If you haven't heard of Twitter, please press up with your hands to move the rock you're living under. 30 Boxes is a personal favorite of mine, where I first came to admire the service, but now starting to admire the crew, too. If there are any social anthropologists out there, please go visit these guys, take a camera and start shooting. This is exactly what the 2.0 culture looks and feels like, right down to the floor. In 200 years, the geeks will thank you.

So much more to say, but it's dinner time in old San Francisco, and there's a trolley awaiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your blog post and stopping by the Fatdoor booth. I like your blog. It is great that you know your neighbors!

Fatdoor will still be valuable for you, as you will be able to plan events and coordinate activities with them more efficiently through Fatdoor. I know most of my neighbors as well. The whole premise of Fatdoor is that there are a few people in neighborhoods who do know their neighbors, while there are many more who do not. Wouldn’t it be interesting if the active citizens in a community could share interesting information in a positive way with their neighbors?

Please take a look at our blog at www.fatdoorblog.com. Thanks once again for the blog post.

Kind regards,

Raj

CEO Fatdoor